NAPLAN 2020 – KEY MESSAGES as at 20 March 2020
- On Friday 20 March 2020, state, territory and federal Education Ministers decided that NAPLAN will not proceed in 2020 due to the ongoing impact of COVID-19.
- The NAPLAN test window was scheduled to be held from 12 to 22 May.
- The wellbeing and safety of our staff and students is our highest priority at this time and the decision to not proceed with NAPLAN 2020 has been made to enable schools to focus on the delivery of continued learning for students and preparedness for emergency planning.
- The decision not to proceed with NAPLAN in 2020 also means that the scheduled testing of the NAPLAN Online platform on Monday 23 March, known as the Coordinated Practice Test (CPT), will not proceed.
- We are receiving regular and ongoing advice from the Australian Government and the NT Health Officer in regards to Coronavirus and making the necessary preparations in line with the advice that we are receiving.
- Our primary focus is ensuring that we continue to provide education in a safe environment this includes an increased focus on practising good hygiene in our school and also supporting students who may be feeling anxious about the current situation.